What To Expect?
At your first dental visit and all subsequent re-care visits, a complete dental exam and professional dental cleaning will be provided.
Comprehensive Dental Exam
- Diagnostic x-rays (radio-graphs): To find decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss, and tooth positions.
- Oral cancer screening: To check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: To check your gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Examination of tooth surface: To check for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: To check your fillings, crowns, veneers, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has formed on the tooth and will be firmly attached. Calculus forms above and below the gum line, and can be removed with appropriate dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produces toxins that inflame the gums, which is the start of periodontal disease and can affect your general health!
- Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
- Personalized home care instructions.
Your time is valuable to us, so please allocate 90-120 min for your first visit. Remember to bring your insurance card and patient information forms with you.