Digital Smile Design is a dental treatment plan that takes into account an individual patient’s features and desires. Digital scans, photographs and videos are taken of the clients dental and facial proportions. These images allow the dentist to study the patient’s face, smile, teeth arrangement and condition. This information is used to create a virtual treatment plan. The patient then reviews the plan, discusses possible procedures, asks questions, and shares concerns. In consultation with the dentist, the client chooses what treatment to undergo. Digital Smile Design is patient-centered and results in greater efficiency of treatment and higher patient satisfaction. It ensures dental care treatment that is best for each client.
Advantages of Digital Smile Design
- Highly detailed diagnosis
- Clear communication between the dentist and the patient
- Visual demonstration of the impact of possible changes to your smile
- A focus on identifying and meeting the client’s needs and desires
- High level of satisfaction with the final product – your new smile!
- Customized results – clients receive treatment specific to their needs
- High level of patient involvement in the treatment process
The Process of Digital Smile Design
Any or all of the following steps may be involved in Digital Smile Design
- You communicate your wants and needs.
- Digital photos/scans/videos are taken of the teeth and mouth.
- Your dentist reviews the information.
- Your dentist uses specialized software to demonstrate potential changes.
- A digital simulation of your smile after treatment is created and shared with you.
- A mold is taken of your teeth and a physical model of the changes is created.
- You choose what treatment you wish to undertake.
- Your dentist performs the chosen treatments.
Digital Smile Design helps patients visualize the outcome of their cosmetic or reconstructive procedure(s) and results in a plan that reflects your needs and goals. It enhances planning of both simple and complex dental procedures. You are a key participant and are involved in the process from beginning to end. The dentist and the patient agree on an end goal and undertake a personal treatment plan.
To learn more about the benefits of Digital Smile Design, please contact Centennial Smiles Dental. You can reach us at 587-353-5060.